Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Walk away and pass me by

 I hate being asked if I'm married. I have no idea why anyone would ask me that, after all I don't wear a ring.

I'd like to answer, "No, I am in fact separated and still working on a horrible divorce that's been in the works for over 3 years! My ex-husband is a controlling and abusive jack*ss and despite anyone saying that they understood why he was like that to me I really don't care and would like to see my twins grow up to either see me with a good man or none at all."

It's very hard sometimes and I always instantly bond with other single mothers; after all it's a pretty big adjustment.

After all this time I realized how hard it is but it's doable. Always a struggle but still worth it. Accepting help is difficult and sometimes my pride doesn't allow it but I know I simply cannot do it by myself.

I still wish that there are men who do not talk to you like you are an idiot, are respectful and courteous, kind and compassionate, selfless and loving. They can think of the smallest thing to put a smile on your face and be supportive when you need them to be. They can be faithful no matter what and love you despite your flaws. I know that no one is perfect and that's a tall order but if I can do all the things I did in the last three years while working on my divorce, then a man like that is definitely doable :)

If I cannot find one than I hope when my daughter's are grown . . .they will . . .otherwise they will have me to contend with ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment