Monday, December 15, 2008

One Trip, Two Trip, Three Trip, Floor!

Well, here's Christmas right around the corner and my seasonal visits begin. First up was to the city of Oshawa and Toronto to see family and friends there. Next up, is Owen Sound and then London. It's tiring just writing that, let alone living it.
Every year since I've been married I've made this journey with the exception of when my twins were one. When that happened barely anyone visited me. It was very disappointing since I had made so much effort over the years to equally spend time with folks.
It was also a pain to be playing tug-of-war. The whole "but we always spend CHRISTMAS together" was becoming very tiring from all sides but they eventually got past that. The worst was when I got the "You know the way we grew up was that you went to see the "parents" not the other way around." That was unbelievably irritating but I'm not the confrontational sort so I just kept quiet. As such, I have yet to experience a Christmas waking up from my own bed. When the kids were small we were just busy sleeping because we were so tired all the time so sorta missed out on that one.
Hopefully, the kiddies will look at us one day and say "Mommy, how's Santa suppose to visit us when we're away all the time?"
Or perhaps I'll just start feeding them that line from now so that I can stuff it down those folks throats and wake up in my own damned bed in 2009!
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment