Thursday, October 8, 2009

Back. . .albeit briefly

Yeah, been super-duper busy. . .probably not what would be other people's busy. . .but busy enough for me!

So I finished having Dr. Evil's B-day party, he turned all of 31 although I know both he and I look older. . .mostly me though. No one ever believes I'm an insane 28-year-old. . .more like a 48-year-old 'cause of the weight. Yes, I do look like I play World of Warcraft in my basement on a constant basis. As always, I'm trying to remedy that! I just want to thank the folks who helped me out. . .you know. . .all three or four of you who actually read my blog :) Now I also owe you money. . .please don't break my legs :S

I've also started taking the twins back to school. . .due to the hot chocolate incident I told them that I had to skip the rest of the school year but I'm back and hoping this weirdly freakish/h*llish year will be over soon! It seems the folks at the school are a little better organized now. We get a regular weekly schedule and now a monthly one too! She also put up a group on Facebook to tell us when it would be closed or if she had to leave early, etc.
This week they made handprint turkeys, and pumpkin playdough. This was vastly more fun than when I went earlier in the year. I'm also putting myself on a limited schedule from Mon-Wed since it seemed I never got anything done if I went the whole week. Also, Thursdays and Fridays, the place is so packed my kids never get to do anything so this works out for me and (yeah, I feel guilty!) them too :)

On another note, had my vents cleaned yesterday. Apparently they hadn't been cleaned in 7 years and the folks who owned the house before us were smokers and owned 3 dogs. This made for very nasty vents but according to the guys from Sears. . .not as nasty as the bird lady. I gotta say the guys were very professional and did some extra stuff for free for us. Also, I've noticed I don't feel that horrible lethargic feeling I was always getting from my allergies - BONUS! It's also warmer in the house since the furnace doesn't have to work as hard and most of the air is getting through now. . .I sincerely hope that the grand I had to pay up front will equal cheaper heating costs in the winter o_O
I also got to say this about Sears, never had to complain. I'm washing the twins' Dora sheets for the probably 300th time and they still look like I just pulled them out of the package. Outstanding!

So this week, the girls' will be in their godparent's wedding as flower girls. They're not really supposed to be in the wedding since it's a huge Persian wedding but their wonderful godparents decided to bend the rules and make them involved. I think that's awesome. They really are the most envious couple in the world . . .and I say that with love and . . .envy :P

Then we're off to the Sound for Thanksgiving since my mother-in-law is still at her wit's end after the passing of the boyfriend. I hope she can pull it together for her own sake since there is a lot of drama involved. But that's another story. . .

Take care, hope I'll have more time to post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment