Sunday, August 8, 2010

And how was your day?

"I'm on my way and I've got your pass, I'll meet you at the bus stop as usual."

"Okay, I'm on my way going there now"

Jumped off the bus. Hmmm, Milhouse is right. . .she is lollygagging. . .

"Okay, thank you _____"

"Yeah, I'm sorry I wasn't able to get our money back. I'll file a complaint with the TTC. I went to Davisville today"

"What did you do today?"

"Umm, I went to the mall and got a haircut. Walked around for a while. I wanted to see this movie called Inception but I didn't yet. I saw Toy Story 3 yesterday with the kids. Went to Davisville like I told you and just came here."

"So, what are you doing now?"

"Nothing, it's 6 now so I'm going home to clean up and prep for the next day"

"Well, I'm glad you got the pass. You look very nice today. . .so slim and pretty"

"(Laughing) I'm not slim, just wearing jeans that fit me finally. Also, my hair was done so that probably helps."

"But, you know right. . .you are so young. You should be going out and you really need to meet someone and enjoy your time. Kids are good but, yeah. . .like someone to have is better. No company right."

"Uh, yeah. . .I'm . . .just busy and stuff. I got a lot of responsibilities now. A little harder to meet someone who is patient right. Wish it could be that easy for me - HA!"

"Oh ooookkkaaayyy, well don't wait too long you know. Not good to wait such a long time."

". . . . .yuuupp"

"See you tomorrow then?"

"Heh, maybe"

"Take care"

"You too"

My dear (lollygagging) friend. . .I do not share the responsibility of parenting anymore. It's just me and I've got to be consistent. Wouldn't it be so nice to simply have someone show up and gaze at me like I was the long lost Madhubala? HA! Well, that would be something.



If only I could spot my own Dilip Kumar ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment