Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stuck in my Head

(yeah, I saw these at the circus. . .it was trippy!)

Ever get a bit of a song stuck in your head and for the life of you, you can't remember it?

Yeah, that happens to me very frequently. Mostly because I'm getting old and nostalgic. . .I want to be able to find the music that I used to listen too and enjoy. This song that got stuck in my head I knew was a Michael Jackson song that I really loved but just could not remember it. I could hum it but I just couldn't get the words in. I would hear brief clips of it on montages that CNN, and CBC and those other stations would play when talking about him but they would never play it enough that I could hear what the title of the song was!! It was grating on my nerves that I couldn't remember it because I associated a good memory with it.

I was sure it was the song that was playing when I went to my first wedding when I was around 7 or 8. Now those of you who know me . . .know that I LOVE weddings. I enjoy every aspect of them. I would go out of my way to attend one. I think they are a great celebration of love and the little details involved always tell me a bit about the couple. Elegant weddings, party weddings, last-minute weddings. . .yup, I love them all!! This wedding I went to was the first wedding of my cousin and it was a very 80's, princess, party, extravagant affair. They were playing this song and I really loved it. . .so having this happy memory. . .I wanted the song to go with it so that it could help me remember more about what happened. For some reason. . .songs make me remember things more fully. A time in my life or a specific memory. . .some songs will just make me do a total recall.

So I had given up trying to find this song. I spent so much time searching through Michael Jackson songs to find it but well. . .it's g*ddamned Michael Jackson. . .he's got HUNDREDS of songs!!!

So that brings me to my second part here. For the first time ever I went to the circus. The Shrine circus specifically. It was great. . .I loved the performers and the animals. I think the girls were expecting to see lions but there were only dogs, horses and elephants. Mind you, those animals were great performers. I loved the acrobats and there were plenty of those. I was wondering if all the adults were as pervy as me when watching them. . .but hey, those were some good-looking trapeze artists ;)

Well, halfway into the flying horses act. . .THEY PLAYED THE SONG!!! I so wanted to squeal "OHMIGOSH, IT'S MY SONG!!!" but seeing how I was front row and center I didn't think that would be a good idea. Also, I'll have to remember not to listen to my parents and sit somewhere that the spotlight will constantly be on me. Thing 2 fell asleep during the second half and everyone under the big top could see us while the clowns were literally two feet away performing in front of us. And, I was dressed pretty crummy and not wearing make-up. . .but they played the damn song. . .and that was important!!

I finally remembered everything about the wedding and as I was enjoying the glittery horses flying past I vowed to remember what that song was. So naturally, by the time I had gotten home. . .I had forgotten it again.

This morning though I had a vague dream about attending the wedding and the song playing . . the only words I remembered were "can't stop." So I googled Michael Jackson and "can't stop" and I finally found the song that I have been humming every day for a while now. Thank you internet and google!!

Now I shall listen to it about a hundred times since I was so excited to find it :)

2 comments:

  1. I ♥ that song.....hell, I ♥ all of his songs.

    I miss him and i'm still sad he's gone.
    Which Circus did you go to, Shriners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was Shriners. . .it was a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete