Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Worst. Week. EVER!

So I have the twinsies starting pre-school this week. I, along with many other parents and the teacher attend. All in all, it's an excellent program. Encouraging kids to interact and learn while getting accustomed to their future school environment. Also, parents get a chance to socialize and meet each other as their children will be attending the same school. Yes, it's free and that would make it quite excellent I would say.

Now the "other" part. My twins. I think in my mind I thought they were better behaved than they really are. Perhaps as a parent I was making excuses for them. Thinking that they might outgrow some behaviours or that some actions were only because of their age. Alas, when you receive nothing but dirty looks from other parents you might realize that maybe their not as good as you thought.

Let's see, they grabbed toys from other children. Cried going to the Gym and then cried leaving the Gym. They threw screaming fits several times. They screamed and cried leaving the pre-school and in the hallway. . .let me just say that schools have a strong echoing effect. They wouldn't let other kids have a turn at whatever they were doing. They weren't quiet and listening during storytime. . .rather they decided to tell their own stories. So yeah, it's been kinda hell week for me and it's not even over yet.

Although I try to enforce as many rules at home as I can. . .they don't translate well to a giant classroom full of kids. Well, I have this year and next year left. Hope I can get them in better shape before actually school. o_O

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Hun! *big hugs*
    I'll get better I promise. As soon as they get used to the rules and routines they will be just like all the other kids. Once they find their rhythm they will become scholastic professionals and then the independence really takes over. It just takes some getting used to (for you and them).

    ReplyDelete