Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cleanliness is next to Godliness

Is that the saying?!

Well, I'm going on a cleaning craze here. . .because let's face. . .I'm a stay-at-home mom. It's my job right?

That's probably why I like Mad Men so much. Not the racist stuff. . .mostly the clothes.

Everything from washing walls (kid's handprints) to ironing drapes. All for my oldest friends to visit me. This guy right here. . .And this chick right here and that same chick's sister. They actually got me into blogging in the first place - check out there blogs here and here ;)


I've know them for many, MANY years now. Now Dr. Evil also has LOTS of friends. Probably more than me. I only have to same small group that I still talk to.

Even though my life has diverged greatly in some cases from them. Shared experience can definitely bond people.

Dr. Evil is a little jealous that I have pals going back to grade school. He spent most of grade school in Saudi Arabia and didn't really keep in touch with anyone from there. He also spent a lot of time moving around in Canada and never stayed anywhere long enough to build friendships until he got to High School. Boo hoo for him. . .travelling all over the world o_O

So for these folks, I'm hoping to have my haphazard place spotless before they come. No easy task I assure you. Inbetween my mold-smelling carpet, vomit-stained sofa and mismatched decor I will try my best. Don't even get me started on the G*dd*mn garden!! Now it looks like I've got a nest of bees under my deck and it's out in my backyard that I want to chill with them.

After spending time at the Bombay Company. . .I was thinking WOW, this stuff is so nice! Expensive too! Why can't HGTV visit me and hook me up?? In the meantime it will be red and blue pillows and stuff I bought from Honest Ed's . . .only the best for my friends :P

Clearly I have absolutely nothing to blog about. . .Happy Back-to-School :D

1 comment: