Thursday, September 17, 2009

Do Not Speak Ill of the Dead

So just recently this person passed away, either today or yesterday. His name is Rooster. He did my roof for me and has basically been a father-in-law to me since I got married 7 years ago. He was a nice person at times and fun. . .if only he gave up the drinking.

When he was drinking, he was just horrible. I already dealt with his type before. Angry, arrogant, violent, foolish and just about everything else you could think of.

He left behind Dr. Evil's mother as his girlfriend of course and three kids. I believe he is the third sibling to die in his family. His eldest brother committed suicide and I believe another brother died of a heart attack. His parents are both still alive. They, to me, were not very nice people and punished him severely growing up. . .as bad as he was I still believe that they were much worse and that's saying something.

I find this very strange but I honestly don't feel anything at his passing. I've known the guy for many years. . .I normally feel something for well, anyone I've known that long. Whether I liked them or not. I just feel that yeah, he did douchy things and he did nice things but he's dead as dead and nothing will change that. . .it's just a part of life.

I'm surprised, I'm normally more sympathetic but I lashed out a little at Dr. Evil and he of course said "Do not speak ill of the dead" but I just kept going. No, that wasn't right of me and I'll apologize to him but I think. . .I was expecting him to die. I just didn't know when and here it is. Frightening really.

I wonder what will happen when other people I know eventually pass away?


Hope you're in a better place Rooster and found the peace you desperately sought. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment