Monday, April 6, 2009

Damn this Smarch weather!!

What's with this weather. I took Thing 1 and 2 to school and was pretty sure that I would have to turn back. They were bundled up but upset about the rain/slush/snow crap hitting their faces. When I finally did get to school, all of our legs were soaked between our knees and thighs. Then I found out that the teacher was leaving early so when I was finally dry; had to head back out in that weather again!

As usual, I felt like the worse caregiver of the bunch. Only my kids were eating more than their fair share of snacks and crying and yelling. I sincerely hope they outgrow this before they start actual school.

I took my parents to the school on Thursday. As usual, it's always awkward when their around. I think they just don't know how to relate to anyone in that environment. It reminded me of when I was a kid and how reluctant they were to go to those parent/teacher meetings. For good reason obviously, I was a less than stellar pupil and child. Alas, my parents believed the do as little as possible mentality and somehow I would turn out okay. I realize that they stick to this theory even now.

This is probably why, despite the kids' tantrums I still want to go with them to school and involve myself in what they do. Get to know the teachers and staff. Have myself prepared so ultimately I can have the girls prepared for what they need to do to succeed. Perhaps if my parents had done the same. . .I would have succeeded more in life too.

Well, they have their failings but they have their strengths too. Hope as more time goes pass they lose their weirdness but I don't know if that will ever happen. One thing I've noticed is that Dr. Evil was being incredibly rude to them which of pissed me off to no ends. So my parents did teach me about manners I can definitely say that I've never acted that way to his parents as he does to my family. Live and learn. . .live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment