Monday, March 8, 2010

Updatish Post


Okay, so here's my situation now. I've been separated since November but quite honestly I think Kirk Van Houten checked out of the marriage long before that. I now live in Toronto again. Shacked up with my parents. I've been someone who always does what they have to do to survive and now is no exception. I've been living here since November, not an ideal situation but I hope that I will be able to change that in time. Just have to be patient.

I met with Kirk Van Houten to discuss what I wanted in regards to the separation. This would include most of the furniture (which was gifted to me anyways) and money for a car, proceeds from the house (which I consider reasonable since I will be losing a pension, income, etc.), to be free and clear of debt (One of the problems with Kirk was his constant and incessant habit of going into debt) and of course, child and spousal support. I hope that he will be amicable in this sense and allow me the things I want. I don't think he seems to understand that yes, he may find it a bit brutal in the next two or three years but after that - with his income; he'd be living free and clear since I would be absorbing all the costs in the future. I can only hope for the best.

As for my girls, they are coping. I wish I could buy a new home for them right now and carry on with taking care of them. Taking them out to play and on trips so they don't have to cope with all that's going on. I think Kirk Van Houten could do more regarding spending time with them but it seems like he's just set on himself. He told me on Saturday that he had plans to meet with friends and go out. I thought - how typical of you, instead of spending time with your children, you're racing off to party with friends. Well, that's why we can't work out. I will always put my kids first as my priority and Kirk Van Houten will always put himself first. More updates will follow soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment