Friday, May 8, 2009

Always in a Funk


Yeah, I've disappeared off the planet because I was in a severe funk. I just get that way sometimes. It happened a lot to me when I was pregnant. I would just cry for hours. Terrible state to be in. Since I had Thing 1 and Thing 2 I don't seem to get them as much as I used to.

This goes way back for me. Had it in High School too but I took medication at that time. I sincerely don't want to take meds again because although I didn't get into funks anymore . . . I felt like I was a robot going on autopilot through life. Yeah, you don't get the funks but you don't have any joy either. . .just a bland existing. Not very pleasant.

Thing 1 and 2 were gone for the week to their godparents and then to my parents. They looked like they had fun; especially with their godparents. My parents aren't much of the interactive types but hey. . .they can take care of their basic needs in pinch.

Now they're home and today was a nice enough day that I said "F*ck it, let's go outside."

I filled up their kiddie pool and took their bikes out on the deck. Threw on their swimsuits and they were splashing and playing while I soaked up some sun and continued reading Twilight. I gotta say. . .after the halfway point that book is really hard to go through. Are these dinks gonna have sex or what?!

Anyways, I spent all that time outside soaking up some much needed Vitamin D and reading and in general relaxation mode. I even cut some watermelon for all of us to enjoy outside and grilled some burgers.

After we were all pleasantly tanned I came inside and felt like I finally had more energy. Whipped up a nice light soup and sat down to watch the Wiggles with the girls.

Still stressing on lots of things but today was a good today. I'm glad Dr. Evil is around to make excuses for me. He bought me more time to get better quickly.

If only they could invent that drug I saw Lisa Simpson take called Repressitol or was it Ignorital? If there was a real drug like that with no side effects that made me see smiley faces everywhere I went. . .I'd be set.

1 comment: