Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thank You!

Well, sorry about the long delay in posts. I was busy with Thing One.

She's doing better. Dr. Evil is nervous that there might still be scarring. He's been very diligent about checking her bandages. Much more than I have. I just slap Vaseline on it and patchwork it together as best I can. Mostly because by the end of the day after she's been running around they're falling all over the place and I'm exhausted!

She's been taking some godawful antibiotics too. I can't stand the smell of the stuff and she has to take it four times a day. She's braver than me, and has been doing it. Even Dr. Evil said that he tasted it and it made his stomach turn.

Thing Two has been pretty good. Sometimes getting frustrated because she doesn't want to play by herself. I never realized how much they depend on each other as playmates. Hopefully this bit of time apart will teach them how to play independently. They do play alone at school but I think when they are home they mostly turn to each other.

Well, I received a very thoughtful care package. Let me just say THANK YOU!! You are
wonderful
considerate
thoughtful
caring
sweet
amazing
fabulous
brilliant
awe-inspiring
terrific
marvelous
phenomenal
kind
and pretty damn swell :)

Opened it up and cried.
Very, very touched. There are in fact, not enough adjectives for me to express how I feel :)

I played Memory and I Spy with Thing One and Two today again(they don't seem to tire of it!) Then we coloured.
I proudly have their Get Well and Good Sister cards displayed on my armoire.

When my family came to visit me (might I add last-minute) on Victoria Day; my mother asked me what they were and I abruptly said Get well cards.

Still pretty ticked at them. They just don't know how to be there for anyone. My aunts apparently gave them a lot of crap for not calling and coming over as soon as I had said what had happened. They'll just never be those kind of people. I certainly hope not to have this family grow up the same way.

You and You are the best!

This song might be about a relationship but I still like it :) Have no idea if I posted it already. . .


P. S. Even though my favourite colour is in fact green; I like Meli's costume more :P

No comments:

Post a Comment