Sunday, May 31, 2009

You'll find me at the Club

So I went clubbing yesterday. Always fun. The only thing that distressed me was my too much debt status and the fact that I just had to repair my car for $650. It put a last-minute damper on something I was otherwise looking forward too for a long time.

Now, as I have stressed hundreds of times I really have no life outside of these four walls. Occasionally, I visit family or friends but that's pretty much the limit of my social interaction. If it wasn't for the phone and internet I'd basically be a shut-in.

This was an opportunity for me to actual do something social, hopefully not budget destroying and most of all; the biggest reason I go. . .to see my friends.

I don't really like clubbing. I would much prefer to do dinner and a movie but sometimes it's good to get out of that comfort zone and do something you wouldn't normally do. . .just like Opposite George.

As a bonus, I got to eat sushi which I haven't had since well . . .eons ago and that was probably the highlight for me, besides the company of course :)

One of my problems is I get tired very easily. I vaguely remember that I used to go clubbing every weekend and be there dancing until they shut down the club. At that time, there was really nothing more fun for me to do. Now, I'm pushing to keep my eyes open past 12:30. Alcohol does not help.

The evening went pretty well. STBD was there and she said she enjoyed herself. I find she's a very critical person and spent a lot of time being catty about people there. She generally does that anywhere I go with her. BJL was a lot like that too. I think it's a defense thing for some people. I really couldn't care less about how other people look. I've been wearing the same clothes since 2003 so I'm not one to talk.

Well, on a positive note. . .seems like fun was had by all. I got to see my friends and enjoy my fave kind of food. Hopefully, I can do it again next year :)

Wish I could dance like this :) and yes, I love the movie White Chicks :P

No comments:

Post a Comment