Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

This brought on the Lulz. . .


This is a definition I found. . .
A woman who conceives, gives birth to, or raises and nurtures a child.

I think it's much more than that. Obviously.

Whether Mum is here or not.
If she's called Grandma, Mom, Aunty, Sister or a whole host of other stuff.
She's there for you in one way or another.
As best as she can be.
I hope I'm there for them as best as I can be.
Because I'm their mom.

Now I'm someone who does not know how to relate to kids. I always say I hate them but that's not true . . .I don't hate them. I really don't know how to relate to them. Probably because as far as I'm concerned my own childhood was less than par. I guess since having my own I realize that you can go either way. Do the opposite or the exact same as your parent(s).

I'm trying to do better. I'll always be practical to a fault and even though I love them I always know what my goals are. To raise them to be able to take care of themselves. If they are able to take care of themselves they never have to worry. That's what I hope. And I have to start all of this from the time they are born until they are grown.

Like every mother's hope.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

1 comment: