Monday, March 2, 2009

The Festivus Tradition; Airing of Grievances


Alright, so I said I needed a plan of action and that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to have a pretty tough three years. It will be a huge pain to not see my friends and family as much but I have to batten down the hatches so to speak.

Let me first air my grievances. I am approximately $30,000 CAD in debt! There I said it. It's very painful to look at that number but that's what I'm in for. If no other expenses come up for me I could pay that in 3 years but realistically with two children and a house it would most likely take me about 5 years.

I'm gonna try my best to bring that number down as much as I can in 2009 but inbetween insurance, mortgage and tax payments it might be a bit tricky. Let alone all the other miscellaneous bills and such that have to be paid.

I've had some help which I'm very grateful for. I've definitely been blessed and and I pray that the blessings will continue. Without the help, things would have been much tougher than they already are.

I need a plan of action. Coupon-clipping, sales and going without will probably be on that list. Most importantly I need to configure a budget of some sort that will account for expenses and future emergencies.

I've often used this site for tips on what to do. I will also ask friends and family what I can further do to get myself debt-free.

Right now I'm at the beginning of a what's going to unfortunately be a long journey but with the right lifestyle changes I hope to get to my goal of $0 as soon as possible.

For the kiddies, the sacrifice. . .nah, I don't like that word. . .future financial gain (that's better) will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment