Friday, March 13, 2009

Purity Ring and Mickey Mouse back in Valhalla


The title is taken from the season from what happened in the season premiere of South Park. Still as funny as ever, and I still love it.

In the episode the Kenny gets a purity ring with his girlfriend which they wear on their wedding fingers (natch). Instead of having sex, they become boring and hang out with other couples who wear purity rings. All they talk about is how great Grey's Anatomy is and watch rentals for fun. Kenny slowly becomes a drone of sorts and starts to forget who he is since he's given up everything for his purity ring. So you can understand why I found this as funny as I did.

Yeah, marriage can get pretty boring but honestly I wouldn't haven't any other way. When I was a teen and in my early twenties, I was fine living on the "edge." How I managed to do that with little of no sleep for x amount of years I'll never know but somehow I did. The older I got, the less that life looked appealing to me. It may still look appealing to others but not anymore to me. I can gladly say been there, done that. I'm more into this boring life I've made for myself, and yes, it probably involves a lot of the things South Park made fun.

Sometimes being a stereotype makes you happy :)

Also, fire-breathing Mickey Mouse who beats the crap out of the Jonas Brothers is pretty damned cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment